Ever heard of YOUnique Personalities? In one of our podcast episodes at QLO Time Qs, we had top-ranked speaker and best-selling author Jayson Lo share about the importance of money behaviors in attaining true financial success and freedom. Whether you are a dominant eagle, an influential rooster, a steady carabao, or a corrective tarsier, you have the power to make your financial goals happen. If this is the first time you’ve heard of these personality types, it’s actually based on the popular DISC personality type but tailor-fitted to Filipino culture.
Understand why people do what they do:
You will be able to understand why people do what they do, especially when it comes to handling money. Since each money personality has their own unique description and behavior, you will be able to understand a person more according to what money personality they belong to.
Identify your YOUnique Personality. Here are four types of personalities that is applicable when it comes to money:
1. Dominant Eagles – Dominant Eagles have an assertive personality, can make things happen, and like results and challenges. Because they are too concentrated on the work, they forget that people have feelings, which leads to relationship issues. Powerful is their favorite word, while ‘My Way’ is their favorite song.
2. Influential Roosters – Influential Roosters are happy-go-lucky, like being creative, and are the life of the party. They are inquisitive, and they value innovation and new ideas. However, they lack focus, and their emotions might affect them. Popular is their favorite word, and their favorite song is “Don’t Worry, Be Happy!”
3. Steady Carabaos – Steady Carabaos are constant, stable, and good listeners. They take things one step at a time, are people person, but more on the support side. Their drawback is that they dislike making big decisions. For them, being a good guy is more important than doing the right thing. Peaceful is their favorite word, while ‘We Are the World’ is their favorite song.
4. Corrective Tarsiers – Corrective Tarsiers are analytical individuals who enjoy studying statistics and graphs. Perfectionism and analytical paralysis are their weaknesses. Perfect is their favorite word, while “You Are Perfect” is their favorite song
Understand how you deal with money and people;
Knowing your money personality will help you to understand yourself more. The unique behavior and personality each money personality has will help you define how you deal with money and people, such as whether you are a person who likes taking risks or not.
How should each money personality maximize their financial gain?
1. Dominant eagles should do risk management.
2. Influential roosters should find their way for their investments to be automatic.
3. Steady carabaos should go out of their comfort and courage zone.
4. Corrective tarsiers should overcome analysis paralysis.
Deal with others the way they wanted to be treated;
Given that each money personality has their own unique description and behavior, knowing the money personality of another person will help you to know how to deal with them the way they want to be treated. You will know what is the best approach in your interaction with them through what kind of unique behavior and personality they have.
Maximize your financial gain.
As mentioned above, knowing your money personality, it will enable you to understand how you deal with funds. Hence, you will be able to fully maximize your financial gain by taking advantage of your strengths and being careful of your weaknesses.
It is critical that we understand which among the money personalities we belong to, so we can learn the actions we further need to do to improve our mindsets, and maximize our financial gains. As Jayson Lo said, “If you’re experiencing money problems, you are not poor. You are only broke, and one day, you will overcome it. Because being poor is a permanent state of being, but being broke is only temporary.”
Which among the YOUnique Personalities do you think you belong to? If you still haven’t determined your type, listen to the full episode of QLO Time Qs – Qs on YOUnique Money Behaviors, using this link:“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJglzFdZ6wo”